Sage 100 Version 2022 has introduced a new Production Management module to replace their Work Order Module.
For Companies not using Production Management, there are additional useful Global Changes affecting other modules
Time-saving changes to core functionality are often inspired by Sage 100 customers. Below are some customer suggested time-saving changes that were incorporated into the Sage 100 2022 release:
Exclude Inactive Items From Lookups – a ‘Display Inactive Items’ check box in Company-Maintenance Preferences allows you to include/exclude items from Lookups if the Inactive check box in Item Maintenance is selected for the item.
Search for Quotes – a new ‘Quotes’ check box on the ‘Search for Open Orders’ window in Sales Order enables you to quickly find quotes for the current customer.
Search for Orders – When searching for orders using the Search for Sales Orders window, you can check boxes corresponding to the order types to include in your search results. All sales order types are now available, including quotes, master orders, and repeating orders.
Option to Save Date Selections for Reports – when creating/modifying a report setting, you can specify whether you want to save the dates entered in the Selections grid for easy reuse.
Sage 100 users on a Perpetual Plan (non-subscription) now have additional features:
- Spell Check: a red line appears underneath misspelled words. Just right-click the word to view a list of suggestions, ignore the misspelling, or add it to your custom dictionary.
- Full Text Search in Lookups: In Lookup views, in the Search list, you can select Full Text. Your search criteria is then matched against all text in the records instead of a single field.
- Theme Maintenance: Allows you to customize the appearance of Sage 100 windows. A popular use of this is to have different screen/background colors for different companies to avoid confusion when you switch to using an alternate, history or test company.
- Document Date Warnings: This feature allows you to display a warning message when a user enters a date that is outside of settings defined in Company Maintenance.
- More Image Attachment Options – in Inventory Management, you now have more options when uploading images in Item Maintenance including JPG, PNF, and TIFF.